Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Snow happy!

So Brian and I were talking when he did the thing that I hate most in the world. . . He stopped our conversation mid sentence to pull his blackberry out of his pocket because someone was emailing him. ARRRRGH! For those of you who have witnessed this happening I'm sure you can picture in you minds exactly how I handled it. Yes it started with the twitch in my left eye and then my core temperature rising to the level of blood boiling. My hands balled up into fists my heart pumping. And just when the ticking sound from my internal "overreacting wife bomb" was about to stop and I was going to explode he looked up at me with a smile and said "You wanna go snowmobiling this weekend compliments of work?" I don't think that man has ever seen me go from a look of absolute irritation to one of dumbfounded so quickly! Needless to say I wasn't so upset about him looking at the email after all! So a little about our super fun unexpected but much needed get away. When we got up there the poor lady at the front desk had to undertake the task of finding snow gear to fit us both. Oh did I forget to mention that it is a ONE PIECE snow suit that fits a Victoria's Secret model like a latex glove! So now imagine if you will Brian and I trying to get into these suits! Needless to say after manipulating and contorting our bodies into these things we both decided that we would probably have to be buried in them cause it was EXHAUSTING just to get them on. Not to mention that the whole thing weighed a good 75lbs. We looked like a couple of walking tootsie rolls. And I'm not talking about the cute little ones that you get at Halloween I'm talking about the great big hunkin ones that break your teeth out when you try to bite into them! Now I'm sure that you all know how athletic Brian and I are. Once we got our gear on we just couldn't wait to get out there and catch some serious air on our double rider machine. We were planning on taking some serious jumps, some wicked curves and simply have a dang good time. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Do you know what happens when you put 450lbs of people on a 2 person snowmobile and then try to take a jump? HMMMM Anybody? Well I will tell you. When your are going 50mph and try to ride up a snow bank you don't actually go "up" the snow bank. You go through it. Well actually that's not quite correct. What you do is you bury the front end of the snowmobile in a downward angle throwing both yourself and your wife up and over it only to bury your wife with both her arms and legs in the snow in the "bear walk" position and Brian on his side in snow that we are just now realizing is probably a good 9-10 ft deep. Oh and to make matters worse who do you think came driving to our rescue? Why I will tell you. The Boss of Brian's boss. Ya. Anyhow we learned the hard way that that much weight has about as much luck getting off the ground as an elephant with a hummingbird strapped to it's back has to fly. Needless to say we didn't try to take anymore jumps that trip. We did however have an awesome time. It was Beautiful up there and so quiet! I think that Brian and I both had forgotten what it was like to experience quiet. Here are a couple of pictures from our mini vacation!


1 comment:

Tara said...

So funny! Sorry, it's been awhile since I've been blog surfing, but that sounds like so much fun--even if you couldn't "fly".