Wednesday, August 19, 2009

who is ready for some updates?

So ummm it's been awhile since I got on here to update everything. I would like to say that I have a better reason then being to lazy to go downstairs to download pictures to my computer to go along with the updates but. . . I don't! So this is going to have to be a huge post or maybe a bunch of not so huge ones cause we have done a ton of stuff since you last heard from us all. You will all be happy to know that Gabby has been her usual self and by that I do mean that she cried her self sick when I threw away her fly collection. Yes, you heard me right fly collection. Believe me I can hear you saying "What the crap?" from miles away. So let me elaborate slightly. . . The other day I was cleaning the bathroom and I hear Dallen shout out all excited, "Gabby, Gabby I found a fly for your commection.(it is spelled this way on purpose cause that's how he said it)" Followed shortly by Gabby's exclamation "Ahhhh Dallen you are the best brother ever! Thank you Dallen!" Naturally my interest has been sparked, Fly commection? This definately deserved some investigating. So I peek my head into Gabby's room to see her climb under her bed and pull out a ziploc bag full of dead flies. (Insert gagging and skin crawling here.) Oh yeah just one of the happy little treasures that kids spring on you. Needless to say Gabby and I had to have yet another long talk on why she can not bring live animals, dead animals, or bugs in any level of life into our house and put them in ziploc bags! How many times have we had this talk you ask? More times then any mother should have to with her little girl is my answer! So now on to more exciting things with our family. Dallen turned the big 3 in June! He was such a trooper on his birthday! We had to split the day between b-day party and Gabby's recital and a friends birthday! Oh man I'm getting all exhausted and crabby just remembering it! Grandma Hales came to the rescue in the morning and took him to Toys-R-Us (which he was very excited about cause it was a "big kid thing") and then he got to have all of his Aunts, Uncles and cousins over that night for car cake and ice cream! He was so fetching cute! But then again when isn't that boy a cutie pie? He got a super fun train set from his Cookie Grandma and us and some sports balls (he can never have enough!) golf clubs, water guns and just lots of fun stuff from his aunts and uncles and cousins. It was such a fun birthday for all of us to share with him! Now if only the next 15 birthdays would hurry up and come I could take a breather. Just kidding. . . Sort of.












No comments: